Hi, I am Peter Bowey.
Hi, I am Peter Bowey your Computer Support Man
My commitment is to be your support person and walk with you through any challenges of computer service and support. I work with technology across a wide range of computer devices; Apple (Mac and iPads), Windows and Linux. From 32 years of performing service and support, I have uncovered the needs and routines that make computer owners the best at what they do and how I can best fulfill your technology support and service needs. This is a win-win business relationship for both of us. Teamwork and Solutions!
I serve you with some longstanding personal skills and knowledge of a wide range of technology. This is a personal service of which I stand behind all the outcomes of what I do or advise. My clients have clearly shown to benefit from my personalised approach. For reasons of efficiency and a much lower cost, all services are strictly performed in my workshop, which is well equipped to handle at least 5 computer repairs in any one day. By multi-tasking in one central location, I can simply lower your service costs.
"I’m on a mission to take the grief out of using your computer."
Acknowledging that we are living in a time where technology is moving at such a rapid rate and computers can become obsolete very quickly, I am here to assess and accurately diagnose a computer problem at minimal cost (often free) to you, giving you the opportunity to consider a repair on your current system versus making the purchase for a new system. My job is to give you an honest opinion and a quality repair.
I started this computer service business in early 1998, after having spent a number of years working as an IT computer engineer and electronics service technician for other companies. The experience learned in working with other teams and companies was invaluable to my direction in birthing a personal computer support business.
I don't have all the answers, but I am happy to share what I have learned over 32 years of computer service and support. This web site reflects some of that help and support made available to you.
I was always into technology and gadgets, since the age of three! From the age of 10, I learned to build a Radio using old valves on my bedroom floor. My Father was rather concerned that I would electrocute myself with the need for a 240 volt A/C mains transformer. 18 months later I had a music education listening to local AM radio station's 5CL and 5AN. There came later revisions, including a home brew AM radio transmitter.
At primary school, I was soon nicknamed 'Marconi' (after the famous inventor of radio Guglielmo Marconi)! In later years, I qualified as a electronics technician, and spent 12 years servicing radio's, stereo's, televisions, and two-way radios. In 1982, I bought my first real computer (a Microbee). I was hooked on this new computer technology! In 1985 I shifted my work skills and training to include Computer Servicing. I am always learning new technical skills... computer's keep changing.
At the core of my work is a simple, but powerful question: How can we live better with computer's and IT technology, there are so many changes to deal with?
The first way I try to answer that question is to take the technically complex and make it simpler to understand. For you as the end user and client.
The second way is by my experience in troubleshooting problems and offering solutions to known and new computer issues.
I often ask myself two questions:
- What are the most effective ways to turn proven scientific research into tangible results for my clients?
- How can we pinpoint the hidden roadblocks in dealing with our lives being more dependent on IT and overcome our mental skill barriers?
My ultimate goal is to answer a question that lies at the core of what it means to be human and use a computer: is it possible to master the IT habits that shape our lives and, if so, what solutions can we use? My hope is that—even if I can only answer this question in a modest way—my work will save you time, make you more effective, and help you. Troubleshooting is my God given gift and calling.
I work with many types of computer owners; the young, the professional and the elderly. I am known for being a 'computer whisperer' and a little bit different with a warm personable approach (and a touch of humor).
I have many testimonials from satisfied customers. Word-of-mouth advertising works!
You can contact me here.
You can see some of the ways I assist others in my site blog which I update regularly with technology information and advice.
My Business Introduction
I have discovered my passion and gifting to share technical solutions and help others have answers and support with this computer technology. This web site reflects some of my skills, stories and support solutions for you. I have worked with Apple computers (including iPad's and iPhones), Windows systems, Linux Servers and with Virtual Systems (Windows running on Mac and Linux).
What services I offer You
- My personal service policy is to respond to your computer need within 48 hours (though hard-to-get spare parts may delay this)!
- My workshop has the resource and access to Computer parts (service) and software archives.
- Is your hard drive making unusual clicking noises? An early call to me could alter a future crisis, and lower your total loss of critical data! If your computer hard drive emits unusual noises (clicking, grinding, or metal scraping), turn it off immediately! This symptom typically indicates a head crash that can soon destroy your data - permanently!
- Repair Facts: Data recovery of failing Computer Hard Drives = 70% success rate!
- Recovery from Virus, accidental file deletions, Email Spam's, Malware & Spyware.
- Transfer of your data and programs from your old computer to a new system.
- Computer system diagnostics, troubleshooting and repair assessments.
- Component repair or replacement (motherboard, CPU, power supply, etc).
- Computer based audio recording configurations, software, and interfaces.
- Computer driven DVD, video, photo, camera configurations, software and setup.
- Password recovery service for when you forget your own Computer login password.
- Macintosh service support for iMac's, MacBook's and iPads.
- Installation and customization of specific software (MYOB, Quick Books, etc).
- Network solutions for Internet sharing, Intranet, Network connections.
- Backup and Restore solutions.
- Internet Wireless Connectivity and Broadband access, Firewalls and setup.
- Email clients, Server setup, administration and data loss recovery.
- Computer Security, Virus and SPAM Control, and SPYWARE prevention & recovery. Windows 10, 8, 7, 2000, XP, and Vista administration, maintenance & network support.
My Academic background
- Computer Engineering (Certified A+)
- Consumer Electronics Service Certification
- Audio & TV Electronic Servicing
- Electronic Security & Surveillance Equipment Design & Service
- Electronic Communications Design
- Audio Engineering and Design
- Two-Way Radio Servicing License (SA State Governments approved)
- Software Design & Database programming
- CISCO Networks
- Nortel Networks
- Microsoft Networking
- Accounting methodology and practice - MYOB, Intuit
I would LOVE to be YOUR IT Support
I trust the above information gives you an insight into my IT motivation and life work. I am pleased with what I have achieved over the past 32+ years, but there is never room for complacency, only continuous improvement and learning. I love fixing computer issues, but I always prefer to apply preventive measures.
"Technology is nothing. What’s important is that you have a faith in people, that they’re basically good and smart, and if you give them tools, they’ll do wonderful things with them." -Steve Jobs [Apple]
"The advance of technology is based on making it fit in so that you don't really even notice it, so it's part of everyday life." -Bill Gates [Microsoft]
If you have any questions or queries about my services then don’t hesitate to contact me here.
I have committed some days each week to serving at Bayside Church (and our local community). This is my own personal time to follow God's desire for community, worship, love, truth and creation.
I am passionate about bicycles and ride everywhere and everyday. I do NOT own a car and I am keeping fit physically, mentally and [eventually] spiritually. You can see my latest Scott Spark 960 bicycle in my photo above. The bicycle is a 29" 30-speed full suspension road / trial bike.
I am also passionate about music and audio visual.